Skip the queue! Say hello to the online passport application & renewal as of 11th May 2022!
Just simply apply online and collect your passports!
Due to the reopening of the Malaysian borders as of 1st April 2022, there had been long lines in the Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (JIM), even after e-appointments were made.
Many applicants were left frustrated for the past few months by the delays from Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (JIM) due to their ‘technical problems’.
Life now is indeed moving along (because of the shorter queues) with the Jabatan Imigresen Malaysia (JIM) announcing the abolition of e-appointments through Online Appointment System (STO) and extension of operating hours in all State passport issuing offices and selected branches in Peninsular Malaysia.
With the passport application and renewals fully migrating to an online system, you can expect a (slightly) smoother process. However, special cases such as senior citizens, the disabled community, children under 13 years old, pilgrims, students and damaged/lost passports.
Applicants with fingerprint issues can also be done via the online system, kindly refer to the steps below.
- Applicants with fingerprint issues can still proceed with the application until payment process, and can head over to the selected collector’s office for their fingerprint retrieval.
- Approval can be obtained through an e-mail notification of the applicant within three working days.
- If applicants are not notified via e-mail within that period, they can appear at the collector’s office.
To make your lives easier, we have specially prepared a step-by-step passport application and renewal instruction guide for you to follow.
5 Simple Steps To Renew Your Passport Online
- Visit the Malaysian Immigration Department (PMA) website.
- Upload passport size photos into the form.
- Background must be white.
- You are required to wear dark clothing, fully covering shoulders and chest. Similarly for those whose are wearing scarf/hijab. Please make sure scarfs/hijabs do not cover your face.
- Uploaded photos must be taken at a professional photo studio.
- If you fail to meet the specifications listed above, your passport application will be put on-hold. Hence, there will be a delay in issuance and collection of passports.
- Select your preferred office to collect your passport from.
- The passport application and renewal payment fee (5-year validity) can be made via credit or debit card (FPX). Cash payment is accepted when renewing passports in the immigration office.
- Average Applicant (13 – 59 years old): RM200
- Senior Citizen (Above 60 years old): RM100
- Students and Children (Below 21 years old): RM100
- Haji Applicant: RM100
- Disabled Community: Free
- A collection date and time will be provided by the system itself, depending on the date and time the application was made.